What’s In The Bag: Srixon’s Jim Furyk
Jim Furyk won the 2010 Transitions Championship by beating two-time winner at Innisbrook, K.J. Choi by one stroke on Sunday, ending his 32 month and 58 tournaments drought. Furyk finished at 13-under 271 and won for the 14th time in his career, moving to No. 6 in the world.
“I think that there are always a few things that draw good fields or a lot of players or a lot of notoriety to an event. It starts first and foremost with the golf course,” said Furyk. “There isn’t a player on TOUR that wouldn’t call this one of the Top-10 courses. That’s why the players want to come and why the field is so strong, and you know, actually I’m pretty proud of that fact that I’ve played on a very difficult golf course against a lot of good players and was able to win.”
Like the saying goes, “good things come to those who wait,” and for Jim Furyk it couldn’t ring any truer!
Jim Furyk’s setup at the 2010 Transitions Championship:
- Driver: Callaway FT9 10.5 degrees, Oban devotion x flex tipped 3/4 inch. 44.5 inches long. D4
- 3 wood: Taylor Made 15 degrees, 42.5 inches D4. Diamana white 83X tipped 1.5.
- Hybrid: Srixon 19 degrees, Fujikura 904 x tipped 1 inch.
- Irons: Srixon Z-TX Forged (3, 5-PW)
- Wedges:Cleveland Golf CG 15 (50, 56, 60)
- Golf Ball: Srixon Z-STAR X