What’s in the Bag: Nike Golf’s Anthony Kim
Anthony Kim’s victory this weekend at the Shell Houston Open wraps up a successful weekend for Nike Golf and a much-awaited win for Kim. His first victory since 2008 and third of his career provides the 24-year-old with added confidence and momentum heading into the PGA Tour’s first Major of the 2010 season, The Masters.
Using Nike’s VR Driver and VR Blades, Kim exhibited calm yet aggressive play throughout the tournament. In the final round,
“There’s no conservative bone in my body. I didn’t have a great lie on the par 5, 15th, and it was a downslope and I could have hit 3-wood, and for some reason that driver head cover came off.”
Kim finished 8th in driving distance with a 306-yard average for the tournament.
Rounding out Kim’s arsenal of Nike Golf equipment is his SQ Dymo 17 degree 4-wood, VR Blades 3-PW, VR 54 and 60-degree wedges and his Nike One Tour golf ball.
Anthony Kim’s setup at the 2010 Shell Houston Open:
- Driver: Nike VR Tour 8.5 degrees with UST Mamaya Proforce AXIVCore Tour Green X shaf
- Fairway Woods: Nike SQ DYMO 17-degree #4 UST Mamaya Proforce AXIVCore Tour Green Shaft, TaylorMade Tour Burner (13°)
- Irons: Nike VR Blades (3-PW) True Temper S400 shafts
- Wedges: Nike VR 54 and VR 60-degree True Temper S400 shafts
- Putter: Scotty Cameron by Titleist Studio Select Newport prototype
- Ball: Nike ONE Tour
- Glove: Nike Dri-Fit Tour
- Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Apparel
- Footwear: Nike Air Zoom Trophy
Fun Fact: This is the second year in-a-row that a Nike Golf Athlete has won the Shell Houston Open.