What’s in the Bag: Martin Kaymer 2011 WGC-HSBC Champions
Martin Kaymer birdied nine out of his last 12 holes to close with a 63 and win the WGC-HSBC Golf Champions event. Kaymer, who began the final round five strokes behind the leader, finished the tournament 20-under-par-268, three shots clear of the runner-up finisher.
The 2010 PGA Championship winner averaged 287 yards off the tee with his R11 driver, which gave him numerous short-iron shots into the greens at Sheshan International Golf Course, in Shanghai. Kaymer also wore adidas Golf adiPURE footwear in his second victory of the year (Abu Dhabi was his first). With the win, Kaymer moves to No. 4 in Official World Golf Rankings and moves into second place on The Race to Dubai.
Martin Kaymer’s Setup for the 2011 WGC-HSBC Champions:
- Driver: TaylorMade R11 driver 8*
- Fairway Wood: TaylorMade R9 fairway 13*
- Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP hybrid 16*
- Irons: TaylorMade RAC TP irons (3-PW)
- Wedges: TaylorMade TP xFT ZTP wedges (54*, 58*)
- Ball: TaylorMade Penta TP golf ball
- Footwear: adidas Golf adiPURE footwear
- Accessories: TaylorMade TP Glove